District Transportation Policy
Transportation to Regattas:
- Rowers must ride with their team to all regattas (home & away).
Transportation from Regattas:
- Athletes may travel home with their own parents from some regattas if the parent signs the athlete out with the coach at the race site. Parents are only to transport their own daughter(s).
- If the coach approves parents to take their child home from a Regatta, they will instruct the sign out sheet to be posted;
- The sign out sheet will only be posted once the coach approves students to be released / leave and this is traditionally ONLY AFTER all boats have raced, boats have been derigged and stored if necessary, and coach and rowers have had their recap meeting;
- All rowers will be asked to stay to watch all of their team races; unless weather prohibits this and the coaches authorize different arrangements;
- All details will be available at the food tent during each event.
Hotel costs for STATES are paid for by the athletes, as are their meals at the hotel and this is included in the rower FEES. Cost are minimized by sharing rooms. Rooms are assigned by boat and by placement in a boat. Appropriate behavior is expected and violations may result in suspension from the team. The rules in the Code of Conduct apply at all times (see Code of Conduct page).
The rowers may also wish to bring their own personal food items for their bus rides and rooms. Extra money may be needed for dinner stops on the way home from a regatta. Rowers may bring snacks on the bus, but the snacks must not contain peanuts/peanut butter due to potential allergies of others who may ride the bus.
If parents are interested in chaperoning any away trips, please contact Booster Club President, Tate Lindovski.